If you like this article, tell a friend!      

Monday, June 8, 2009

I've hit "The Dip"

So as you've probably noticed, I haven't been blogging as much lately. I think I've hit "The Dip"(the concept described by the Seth Godin book). The lack of blogging correlates to the lack of stuff getting done in general on my entrepreneurial pursuits:

Notthebookstore.com - I hired a programmer to revamp the site and add some nice features to it. The guy did an awesome job. I trust him so much that I paid him in full before I launched the site, trusting that he'll be there if I had issues. But now I'm stuck in The Dip, with the old site still up and the new site still to go. I know I want to tweak the new site, put up some content to feature the new stuff. But every time I've thought about it, I've found something else to do.

New project - I took the first baby step on a new product idea I had (it's not new or ingenious by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm afraid to talk about it because I don't wanna jinx it! It does have something to do with cars, so Adam I might be contacting you for advice since you have a lot of experience with Detailed Image). I contacted a supplier, and the person has responded and has asked me for my contact info so we can talk about it. I've procrastinated giving him that info, even though it would be a great next step to keep the chain moving.

So today, instead of procrastinating some more or thinking up excuses not to do something, I've decided I would blog with reckless abandon and not think about perfection or if this post makes sense or not. This is one of those cases where it's better to do something and have it be not quite perfect than to not do anything at all. So here it is! I'm sitting at Panera Bread drinking below average ice tea (hmm, maybe that's a subject of a future blog... how I would design the perfect place to SEEFAD). My goal is to take the next step in the two things I listed above (I've already taken the next step for this blog by posting this!)


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 Comments:

Adam McFarland said...

Dale -

Don't worry too much about your "dip". It happens to all of us from time to time. The important thing is that you recognize it and are getting back into it.

Definitely drop me an email any time...always happy to help.

Adam

PS - Panera definitely has a waaay below average iced-sugary-beverage-that-sort-of-resembles-tea

Brad Allmendinger said...

Its interesting because I hit "the dip" about the same time you did. I guess its time to get back on the horse and accomplish something!

Dale said...

@Adam: Thanks for the word of encouragement!

@Brad: I agree, let's get back on it!

Post a Comment

The Corporatepreneur © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO