If you like this article, tell a friend!      

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank goodness for the Corporatepreneur Blog!

I hate to toot our own horn - but I am so thankful for the Corporatepreneur Blog! I know it's early in our run here and who knows where this is going, but thank goodness we have a home for intelligent and real advice about entrepreneurship.

I was doing some research for a new blog post when this headline grabbed my attention "New Business Website Offers Support for Entrepreneurs". And I thought - sounds great! So I clicked on the article and then went to the site they referenced, and it came across to me as nothing but a "get rich quick / work from home" scam! (I feel that we need a cool acronym for the GRQ/WFM scam sites).

Here's a screen shot from a portion of that web page (not even 1/2 a page down):


This doesn't look like a site designed to help entrepreneurs - it looks like an attempt for someone to get rich quick by duping people attempting to get rich quick into scams. Don't fall for it! Hopefully by know you know that we believe entrepreneurship is a longer-term process about building something of value.

Though as much as I was again pissed off by this website, I can't say I was too surprised. One of the main reasons we started this blog was because we couldn't find anything out there quite like this. We wanted a place for intellectual minds to converse about entrepreneurship and we wanted a blog that WE were interested in following daily as well! (hence the entrepreneurial feeds to the right of the page as well as a new dilbert cartoon at the very bottom of the page everyday). We are going to continue to work hard to make THIS the place for entrepreneurs or wannabe-entrepreneurs. So feel free to comment with any improvements you'd like to see.

Maybe my entrepreneurial advice from all of this is if you keep looking and can't find something out there that you want - you must go and create it because there probably are plenty of others out there like you who would want the exact same thing.


Share/Save/Bookmark

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

The Corporatepreneur © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO