If you like this article, tell a friend!      

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy | Derek Sivers

I firmly believe a good leader knows when to lead and when to follow. I recently came across the concept of the "first follower" on Derrick Siver's blog, and he makes an awesome illustration of it with a video clip "First follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy:"

I've put this into action a few times. In an organization where I'm an officer, I've tried to use any influence I've built up to support another person's initiative. During meetings, when someone is trying to make a point but people weren't able to hear him/her, I'll say "so and so is trying to make a point" at  the next natural break. This allows all points to be heard, which makes the organization better.

Be the first follower... and recognize people who are YOUR first followers!


Share/Save/Bookmark

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

The Corporatepreneur © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO