If you like this article, tell a friend!      

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My goal, reward, and punishment for the next month or so

Goal: From now until 3/27, not counting two weeks in there where I'm on vacation, I will book 15 hours per week of focused, concentrated work on business ideas. I recently discovered slimtimer.com which allows you to time yourself and tag what the time was used for.

Reward: My baseball team, the Milwaukee Brewers, play in my current city, Cincinnati, on OPENING DAY 3/31. A friend with season tickets gave me the chance to buy 2 tickets, which I've purchased. If I make it, I will go to opening day. As a twist, I will treat the 2nd ticket to a friend who's been a peer mentor for me in the entrepreneurship world. This will not only get me motivated to complete this, but he will also be motivated to help me!

Punishment: I will sell or give away the tickets and donate $50 to a charity of a team I hate. I'm thinking New York Yankees right now, I'll hafta do some research on that.

Thanks again to Neville for providing the inspiration for this type of goal setting!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice product. Could use a mobile app for ease of use and to handle timing non-computery tasks.

Good luck and go, Brewers, go!

Dale said...

Good call on the mobile app, I was thinking that today...

Post a Comment

The Corporatepreneur © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO